Friday, August 23, 2013

Bi-Weekly Blog Post #1

Davide Gabino, Two Thumbs Up, April 11,2013


I learned a lo this week. Some new terms and digital literacy for me were...
Creative Commons- Law that allows you to you someones work as long as its cited.
Copyright-Law that protect ownership and says what's yours is yours. Requires you to get the author/creators permission before using a song, book, poem, movie, ext.
Public Domain- Works that are available for any one's use because they were created before a certain time/deadline. Not copyrighted.
Fair Use- Allows you to use someones work but only in certain ways.
Commercial Purpose- A use in connection with a business, usually for profit.

The digital literacy that I learned deals with citing picture, books, or movies that are other peoples creations but you use them. It tells you what you can use and how. It helps give a base for work and helps cite works for papers or projects. It helps make people be creative because they can not steal other peoples work. On the other hand it keeps your  creations safe.

The new web 2.0 tool that I learn about this week was Schoology. Its a website that helps you keep track of work and know your assignments. Its a good way to communicate with teachers which I really like about it. Those are the good things about it. I can only think of one thing bad about it and its that you need a computer with Internet at home to really utilize it.

All these new websites that help me at school have defiantly made me use the computer more and stay better organized. I use these new websites more than my social networking sites. They seem to make school easier for me. It made me more aware so that I won't steal peoples work. It will help me a lot when I have to write papers.

Over all my week has been pretty great. Everyday gets better and its all really fun even if its hard. I have not really had a super bad day yet. I like all my teachers and I'm getting into the routine of all this schoolwork. I'm not burned out of excitement and every day I wake up excited to come to school. I have made a lot of new friends that make me laugh and just really have great day. How this school is different from other schools is one thing I really love about it because I was less nervous to come here than my original school. Its really easy to find my way around and I love how my days are set up.

I'm super excited about this year and all the fun activities we will get to do. I cant wait for our first field trip. I really think I'm going to have a good year and be able to keep up with all my work so my grades will be good. All in all I'm excited for whats to come.


6 comments:

  1. I noticed the way that your text color went from gray to black did you mean to do that because if not some people might think that there computer is messed up and mite not read it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I did not mean to do that. I will have to make sure it does not do that again. Not to correct you or be rude but also you spelled "might" wrong the second time. Thanks for pointing out about my text color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I fixed the text color problem. It had something to do with formatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog, I thought that it was great. There wasnt anything bad about at all. And i think you did fix the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and yay. Dont forget to capatalize your "I"s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your organization. Clear and concise. Make sure to look at the spacing between your paragraphs. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete