Friday, September 13, 2013

Bi-Weekly Blog Post #2

This week was full of new information. Some new terms this week were... 
Publish which means to publish to your audience or the public.
Trustworthy which is the act of being honest.
Evaluate which is to examine carefully.
Criteria which is the standards you base your judgement on.

The new web 2.0 tools I learned about this week was Diigo, Prezi, and Mixbook. Diigo a website that lets you save information, screen shot web pages, and highlight text on websites. It can be really useful when your writing a paper or doing research. You can even get an extension for it for easy access. Some good aspects are that its easy to use and its free. Something I don't like about it is that you can pay to make it better or go premium. I think it could help more people if all aspects of it were free. Prezi is a websit that you can use to present something. Its free and really easy to use. It is my favorite tool for projects I need to present. Mixbook is a website you can use to make a scrapbook online. Its free to use. You can add pictures and captions. You can present it online or if you want, you can buy it and they will ship it to you.


 

The digital literacy component I learned about this week was how to evaluate a website. It will help me to be able to get accurate information on anything I need or want to know about. You use three things to check the website which are bias, authority, and accuracy. It can help me so that I don't find a false website and without knowing sound stupid when it is wrong.


This new information really affects me because now I have an easy way to check websites for accuracy. It will help me when I'm writing papers for school and in the future when I'm doing research for my job. I am now armed with something that can really be useful in the future.

This has been a really good week. Every week is great but this was a really good one. It flew by. I think my favorite class is history but I really like all my classes. Lunch is my favorite time of day. I just had really fun in all my classes and I cant wait for next week
.
moleskine+club
Abizern, Homage to Babsi, February 16,2005   
 
I love coming to school to see my friends and my teachers are awesome. I really enjoy certain parts of the week and look forward to them. One of my favorite things we do is write in our journals. It gives me a break to give my opinion and then just write whatever. Its really fun. Something I'm excited about that is new is our field trip. I cant wait. I get more and more excited everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment