Friday, October 4, 2013

Bi-Weekly Blog Post #3

Anger+Is+the+Swiss+Army+Knife+of+Emotions+T-shirt
MagicMan, Arlo. Happy Valentines Day. Febuary 13, 2008.

This week we learned about broad casting and relationships online. Some new terms for me this week were...
Risky-Potentially harmful to someone  or their emotions.
Stereotype-Assumptions  about a group of people that are usually false.
Manipulate-Trying to make someone do something they would not usually do.
Online Predator-Someone who uses the Internet to make inappropriate relationships.

Some new web 2.0 tools I learned about was Brain Shark, Glogster, Dipity, and Projeqt. They are all used for presentations.Brain Shark is used for voice overs. Glogster is just a different kind of presentation. Project is used for adding more than just pictures. It makes complex presentations.

The positives for all these are they are free to use and make great presentations. They are also fun to use. The negative is that for Dipity you can only make three free presentations and their are limits to the aspects that are free. Still they are all really good presentation tools.

The digital literacy I learned about this week was how to judge online relationships. Some rules of that are to not talk to strangers or give out personal information. Its not safe to do this and in some cases information that you share can be shared to others and you might not want it to be. There are safe and unsafe online relationships. Some examples of these are asking questions, doing research, and possible unsafe relationships could  be different social networking sites.

This affects me because I will be more aware when or if I have any online relationships. It showed me what happens when you don't have safe online relationships. It can really ruin your life. It can hurt your now or in the future.

My week has been really good. I have not had too much homework and no big projects were due this week. This week went by really fast. Every week I feel like I am getting closer to everybody and meeting even more new people.

I'm really excited for the long weekend. I'm visiting family and I have a family reunion to go to. I can't wait to get some sleep, also!



1 comment:

  1. good job I love hanging out with my family and going to family reunions.This week really did go by fast one day it was monday and the next it was friday. The online relationships digital literacy was really cool I learned alot of good reason why you should be careful what you post on the internet

    ReplyDelete