Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bi-Weekly Current Event #4


Jossifresco, Skeleton, March 6 2013



This article telling about the new exoskeleton robot that gives you more arm strength.


"Award Winning Robotic Exoskeleton Boosts Your Arm Strength."
Strange, Adario. "Award Winning Robotic Exoskeleton." Mashable. Mashable, 7 Nov. 2013. Web. 7 Nov. 2013. <http://mashable.com/2013/11/07/titan-arm-exoskeleton/>.


In this article, it tells about four people who came up with this robotic exoskeleton to help you have more arm strength. They were in a competition with other inventors and they won. The prize was money to help better their invention. There are some inventions that are similar to this but Strange said that "Although the suit is not generally for sale, it is being offered for rental". He was talking about another invention that had come out earlier. It is also mentioned though that there are people working to make this an everyday object. The exoskeleton can be used for delivery people, people in rehab, and elderly people. (Strange)

I think this is awesome. This can be a great tool that can be useful. I think its cool that they invented this and won the competition. They deserved it. This affects me because my grandparents or others in my life could use this . It can help them in their daily lives and jobs. Even I could possibly use this in the future. I hope that it is available to the public soon. 

This affects the public because it can make more things available to the elderly or help people get jobs even if alone they are not competent. If available, it could make peoples lives easier. It could make jobs available for older people that are too frail or weak without it. It can make bigger deliveries easy and possible without too much extra work. Also if someone needed to move something heavy they could move it alone or with the help of less people. I think that the Robotic Exoskeleton could is a great advancement that could help people everywhere. 

6 comments:

  1. This new thing to me is a great idea. It can help people out a lot. I agree that they deserved the award. You did a great job I think that the only thing that could be changed would be the color and size of the font. Other than that you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the effects part yoou were thinking about the eledrely. I got kind of confued when you were talking about the suit being for rental and then you siad that the person was talking about something else. The rest of the story is really good and I would totlay buy that suit for my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whiteout, thanks! It really is something cool and new. I did not even notice the text color. I think if I fix that it would fix the text size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jadababy, That is cool that you would get it for your parents. The suit for rent is a little bit different than the new exoskeleton. The other suit is available but this is still being created and completed. I think it could really help people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is amazing that they are inventing these kinds of things and hope that we will be able to do even greater things in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm sure even greater thing will come out in the future. Especially with all the creative people alive today.

      Delete